Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Kremer, Tork, Greg Collins, Tim Brown updates


Kirsten Kremer at 14K with Mt. Foraker poking out in the background.



Kirsten called in and she said they are doing really well. Olivier wanted to say to Megumi (sorry if I spelled your name wrong) that all is good and he is having fun and he is very patient up there.
They have installed a cache up on the 16 ridge above the top of the fixed lines. They burried it near Washburn's Thumb. They are ready to move up to high camp as soon as they get a good weather window.

Tork is still at 11K so I have not heard from him directly, buty Greg talked to him last night of the FRS radio. He is planning on carrying today and, wx depending, moving to 14 K tomorrow.

Tim Brown called in this morning. They made it almost to the summit on Mt Danbeard. They ran into some funky snow conditions up there and ended up coming down from high on the Mountain. It's always better to be safe than sorry. Tim and Daniel were going to try a couple other routes in the area before they head out.

Greg Collins and the Foraker crew are still at the summit of Mt. Crosson. They are getting rested up. They will be nice and strong for when they get a good weather window. They are patiently waiting. The mountains are clear today, but it looks pretty windy up there. Greg said if they can get a 3 day window they could send it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jenny and Rick send thoughts of strong thighs and big lungs to Barb and Bob!

Anya said...

Christian!! I ACED my Anatomy lab final!!!!!
My teacher said I have beautiful hands and was impressed beyond words.
YAY!!!!! I can't wait to tell you all about it!!!
I told you I'd make you proud of me. You should know I am proud of you too. Keep up the hard work, you're almost up there! I miss you and I love you!

Anonymous said...

I worried about him every day.
But I was really relieved to read a diary.
I pray from Japan so that they are healthy every day.

I wait for a new diary!!

megumi