It's a cloudy day here in T-town, with reports of slightly better weather in the Range. Tim Hewette's West Buttress team was at the airport bright and early and were able to fly out. Since then the conditions have changed and we're back on weather hold. The folks at 14,200-foot camp tell us that it is calm up there and partly cloudy. Base Camp seems to have more cloud cover. Joe & Beth's 6-day Mountaineering Course will be flying out from the Pika Glacier as soon as the weather opens up.
Brent Langlinais' team went to the summit yesterday, they were packing up at High Camp getting ready to move down to 14-camp.
Pat Ormond's team also made their summit bid yesterday and are on the same schedule. Both teams anticipate being back to Base Camp Friday morning. We'll see if they fly off that day or not. We may not hear an update until they arrive at Base Camp and get in line for flights.
Greg Collins called from 14-camp to report that they plan to move to High Camp tomorrow, especially if it stays calm like it is today. He said it's "kinda cloudy but CALM."
The rain has let up here in town, four more groups are here packing, sorting and preparing. Todd Passey's West Buttress team is packed and ready to fly as soon as the weather permits. Mike Hamill's West Buttress team will finish their packing tomorrow and get staged to fly. Leighan, Matt & Dusty have started packing for their 12-day Mountaineering Course and are taking advantage of the break in the weather to test out the tents here in the yard. Brian's Glacier Trek group is on a weather delay and will meet tomorrow to do their final packing and try to fly in. We'll keep you posted on those groups again tomorrow. I'll see if I can get some photos.