|A couple climbers on a route in the Ramparts.|
Traverses like this are heavily dependent on weather and conditions. Winslow like the conditions that she saw yesterday when they scouted. They were hoping to start the traverse today, but the weather is funky, so they are going to wait until tomorrow. When I talked to her earlier is was a whiteout. White out navigation is very tricky. They will need to have good weather to do this traverse. Once the traverse is under way it will take about 3 days to make it over to the Pika where they will get picked up when the course is finished.
If they are unable to traverse it is no big deal, since they are already in an ideal local for a mountaineering course. They got about 8" of fresh snow last night and it was still falling.