Thursday, May 10, 2012

DAV summit Club

A team taking a break on ski-hill with camp visible below.

I just got a message from AMS guide, Tom Torkelson.  They have already made their carry to 10K.  They are sitting and waiting in poor weather right now.  Tom said he is hoping for clearing weather later today top move camp to the 9.7K area.  They will look to put in their camp below, at or above where they have cached supplies.

There are a lot of different strategies for moving through this section of the mountain.  All of them are good.  It just depends on the guides, the team and the weather.

The team is doing well.  That's all for now.

1 comment:

elliot"s mom said...

Keep the pictures coming, always reassuring to see!